Saturday, January 18, 2014

The Meek and the Bold - Review



Ah, what a lovely sight. Nathan Wells releases his first proper film in 5 years (we wont include Derricking Ball in that), and its just as good quality as ever. It was supposed to be a Christmas Carol parody, so to speak, but ended up coming on the 12th of January. No complaints from me however, as he has produced a very stylish film here. The quality is crystal clear and the script very clever; complimented especially by the good performances, most notably the voice acting by Guss Griswold. However once again, the thing that takes centre stage is Nathan's fabulous set design. The film takes place in a small sitting-room set, however in it is a delightful few props, in combination with the cinematography, make for some great eye-candy.

The story however; not quite the best. The script, for what it is, is nicely written, but the finished film seems somewhat lacking. I can't put my finger on, but I feel like the story line could have been developed a bit more. Still, a very polished film never the less! I'd recommend you go over to his YouTube channel and watch it right now!


I'd give this a 3.5/5 bricks. While its a solid film, there's nothing terribly over average about it other than the sets. Still, a nice taster for things to come from the Lord of the Lego!

I hope you enjoyed reading my review! What are your thoughts on the film? Leave a comment in the comment section below, or tweet to us on Twitter (@Brickflickers)!

Review Written by Hal

No comments:

Post a Comment